Safety Instructions for Use of Electrical Equipment.
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed. Please read below if you are unfamiliar with these precautions especially if you are a first time Rug Doctor user.
- To reduce risk of fire, electric shock or injury: Do not leave appliance unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before servicing.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock - use indoors only.
Before You Begin Using Rug Doctor
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service centre.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Do not run appliance over cord. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
- Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair and anything that may reduce air flow.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not use to pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
- Do not use without filters in place.
- Connect to a properly grounded outlet only.
- See 'Grounding Instructions' below.
- Use only on surfaces moistened by the cleaning process or small spills. Do not place machine in standing water or try to clear flooded areas.
- Do not clean over floor electrical outlets.
- Do not use without upper (white) tank in place.
- The use of an extension cord is not recommended.
This appliance must be grounded. If it should malfunction or breakdown, grounding provides a path of least resistance for electric current to reduce the risk of electric shock. This appliance is equipped with a cord having an equipment-grounding conductor and grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of electrical shock. Check with a qualified electrician or service person if you are in doubt as to whether the outlet is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the appliance. If it will not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician.
This appliance is for use on a nominal 240-volt circuit, and has a grounded plug.
User Maintenance Instructions
When using the Rug Doctor extraction machine, care should be taken to ensure that the power cord is not damaged by sharp objects, excessive bending, pulling or pinching. When cleaning task has been completed, the power cord should be stored by wrapping it around cord hooks on the handle. Tuck the plug between the layers of cord. All servicing of Rug Doctor machines should be performed only by authorized service representatives.